By Lynn Woolley
We can’t keep letting the Democrats riot.
We’ve seen protests in Ferguson and Baltimore turn violent. And now, leftist demonstrators have destroyed property – and even attacked other people – while shutting down a scheduled speech by a conservative activist, Milo Yiannopoulos. Milo, by his own admission, is a right-wing, gay provocateur.
But in America, he has a First Amendment right to speak.
Not at Berkeley where violence caused the police to shut down the event. Most accounts say either one – or no arrests were made. Something’s wrong here. At leave five people were injured and the rioters threw bricks and fireworks at police. There should have been dozens of arrests. The President should ask his new Attorney General to look into it. The Left will resort to violence until they are stopped.
Here’s what I want to know.
Forget about the idea that the First Amendment gives the Berkeley College Republicans the right to invite whomever they want to speak – and that Yiannopoulos had a right to accept and to speak. At a liberal campus such as the University of California at Berkeley, constitutional freedoms amount to nothing. But the law should.
So Attorney General Jeff Sessions should investigate to find out a few things:
• Why did college administrators not anticipate the violence, or not take measures to prevent it?
• What was the role of Campus police or security?
• Why were there not more arrests made since property was destroyed and people had their faces bloodied?
• Why didn’t police protect businesses in the city, where windows were smashed and motorists were confronted?
• Was this a student uprising or did outside protesters join in?
• Will anyone be charged, prosecuted and sent to prison?
• Were any of the protesters “professional,” that is – paid to protest?
• Will those who committed violent acts serve any time or be forced to make restitution?
• Was billionaire financier George Soros involved in any way?
• If not Soros, what left-wing groups egged this on?
I’m sick of left-wing protests that turn violent.
And you should be too. If the sickos wanted to protest Yiannopoulos’ speech – let them. 500 people had purchased tickets to hear him. Not all of them likely would have supported his shtick. But that’s OK. Let him talk and then challenge him during the Q and A.
Video: RIOT: Violent Protest Erupts at UC Berkeley Over Breibart Speaker Milo Yiannopoulos
Other protesters could have carried signs and chanted – peacefully– outside, as allowed under our Constitution. But there is no right to vandalize or destroy property, harm anyone physically, set fires, blow anything up, or disrupt the speech – much less have it shut down.
Video: Tucker Carlson FULL Interview With Milo Yiannopoulos UC Berkeley Riots!
People act this way every day in the Middle East. But this is not America. At least it shouldn’t be. Not even in loopy California.
So, Mr. President, you have named a marvelous attorney general in Jeff Sessions. Put him to work. Let’s have some Social Justice.
If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view – NO FEDERAL FUNDS?
Tagged with: AG investigation into Berkeley riot, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Democrats riot at Berkeley, Ferguson and Baltimore, George Soros, Left-wing violence, Milo Yiannopoulos, Social Justice in Berkeley riots